Sunday, December 31, 2006

My Dad and Ryan... and an old photo of my Uncles

Check this out!

Here is a picture of my Dad when he was probably around Ryan's age. I put a picture of my son, Ryan next to his picture. Wow! There sure look a lot alike! Don't you think?

Here is my Dad playing the violin, probably 60 years ago (give or take). I went down into my basement today and found that same old violin of my Dad's and handed it to Ryan. Of course, Ryan didn't know how to play it but he held it for the photo-op anyway.

The strings are now old and not usable. 60(+/-) years have passed since this photo was taken. I would assume that they are the same strings that were on it when this photo was taken.

(Sorry to give away your age, Dad... but the pictures are really neat to see).

The photo above was part of a Christmas Card that my Grandparents had given out a long time ago. From left to right: My Dad (Lance), my Uncle Bruce, in the middle, and then my Uncle Joe to the right.

You can click on any of the photos to see them full sized.


And here is what the old violin looks like today. I don't know how to play it, so I've never gotten it restrung. For now it's just a keep-sake of my Dad's.

No comments: