I was also disappointed with the results of the dove hunt. I bunch of bleeding hearts! What… are ducks, grouse or pheasants next? I personally wouldn’t hunt doves, but I do hunt for other types of birds. We need to protect our hunting rights.I also voted for DeVos. Bummer that Granholm was re-elected. She hasn’t done any good for this state. People must have their eyes shut!
Watch prices go up on the state campgrounds next year. WAY UP! I heard a rumor from a friend (who works for the state) that told me that senior camping rates will triple. I’m not a senior yet…but tell me that won’t affect tourism??? What about all of the other crap she’s done (and hasn’t done)? I won’t list them here. Too frustrating!
2 comments:
The State Campground fees were not innitiated by Granholm. This comes directly from the DNR. Because the government has decreased tax dollars given to the campground programs the campgrounds have fallen short on funding and must raise rates to cover their operating costs & capital outlays. Senior rate hikes only affect the state forest campgrounds (ie: pit toilet camping). Nightly fees will raise mainly for the most frequently used campgrounds, again. The least used campgrounds will see minimum or no increase to fees. Annual stickers will increase only about $2 dollars (big deal!). Some of these increases are only temporary. Many of the deficits we see today were handed over to Granholm by Engler. It takes TIME to correct the kinds of problems Engler got the state in and it will take more than 4 years to see progress unless you want significant tax increases to repair all the damage. State employees have been suffering from Engler's damage since right after Granholm took office. Some of the things we have had to put up with is working 40 hour weeks and getting paid for 38 hours, the two unpaid hours had to be banked for future "vacation time". This resulted in loss of time paid on every paycheck for 2 years! Try to give up 2 hours of your pay for 2 years and see how your household fairs. We also had to work 32 hours that were completely unpaid during the first year Granholm was in office (this was on top of giving up 2 hours pay each week). Don't gripe to state employees about campground rates and dove hunting because you cannot compare your suffering on these subjects to the loss of dollars we have had to suffer in our wallets!
I haven't been impressed with Jennifer Granholm from the start. She is for the tax on services. I hope that won't come to pass. It WILL affect my income. License fees have gone up. Things seem more unorganized in Lansing, since she's been there. Jobs are hurting.
Post a Comment