I am posting this on my blog, in hopes that I can help find others who are willing to help Julie. I don't personally know Julie, but I do know her Grandparents, Vince and Pauline Moceri. I have their home listed in Sugar Springs and learned of the plight their grand daughter has been dealing with for over 4 years.Her Story:
This Michigan native was studying abroad in Australia when she became ill in 2004. Upon returning home, Julie sought the medical advice of numerous physicians across the country. She was finally diagnosed with Gastroparesis, a rare and puzzling disease and Intestinal Dysmotility. Not only is her health deteriorating, but this illness has drastically changed her life. For the past 4 years, Julie has been unable to eat or drink. The PICC line and feeding tube in her abdomen, Julies only sources of nutrition, are extremely expensive and add to the soaring medical expenses she is facing. While Julie' illness has no cure, doctors are confident a transplant will offer her a second chance at life.
Because of the debilitating affects of this disease, she needs a new stomach, large intestine, small intestine and pancreas. This extensive surgery will cost approximately $1 Million Dollars! And that's only the beginning.
UPDATE: I just got off of the phone with Julie's grandmother. Julie had her trasplant surgery. However, she is in intensive care with complications. I will keep updates on this blog.
You can contribute to Julie by filling out the form HERE and mailing it in with your donation.
No comments:
Post a Comment